What’s not to love about this quick, prep-ahead-of-time Cherry Berry Baked Oatmeal recipe? It’s just sweet enough, it’s easy to make and it’s loaded with nutrition that will keep you full all morning long. (Insert praise hands here!)
Ever since I discovered the gloriousness that is baked oatmeal, I just can’t stop. I won’t stop. Because I don’t want to. I’m officially obsessed with baked oatmeal.
This Cherry Berry Baked Oatmeal tastes like a very healthy, very hearty berry cobbler or pie. It’s just sweet enough, but the small amount of maple syrup isn’t overpowering and doesn’t add a lot of extra sugar per serving. In all, it comes out to about a teaspoon of maple syrup per serving of this baked oatmeal.
This recipe includes so many high fiber, gut friendly foods, like oats, chia seeds and of course, the berries and cherries. I’m sure the reason this dish is so filling and satisfying is because of the whopping 10 grams of fiber that you get in a serving. (Again, praise hands…)
I use a frozen very cherry berry blend from Trader Joe’s to make this baked oatmeal, but you can use whatever you find. If you can only find frozen berries, then just use that. Either way, you can’t go wrong.
I love this baked oatmeal served with a tablespoonful of almond butter on top, or a scoop of plain Greek yogurt if I want a bit more protein. And if I want just a bit more sweetness on top without more added sugar, I’ll add a sprinkle of my favorite brown sugar stevia.
Looking for more easy breakfast recipes? Try these:
- Yogurt Breakfast Bowl With Peanut Butter and Banana
- Salted Caramel Baked Oatmeal
- Healthy Cacao and Almond Butter Granola
- Easy Veggie Quiche With Feta Cheese
If you make this cherry berry baked oatmeal recipe, be sure to leave a comment letting me know what you think. I love hearing your feedback!
Cherry Berry Baked Oatmeal (GF, DF, Vegan)
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 6 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, or other nut milk
- 2 cups frozen cherries and berries
- Brown sugar stevia, maple syrup and/or almond butter, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish with olive oil or coconut oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, shredded coconut (if using) and sea salt. Mix all the ingredients well to combine.
- Add in the melted coconut oil, egg, vanilla, maple syrup and almond milk. Mix all the ingredients well to combine.
- Fold the frozen cherries and berries into the mixture. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the oatmeal for 40 minutes. Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the baked oatmeal into six servings. Serve immediately or store leftovers in the refrigerator to be used throughout the week. If desired, top with a sprinkle of brown sugar stevia or a drizzle of maple syrup, and/or almond butter. Can be served cold or reheated.