My mom used to make these yummy chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies when I was a little girl. I can remember watching her drop the hot mixture by the spoonful onto parchment paper, and waiting impatiently for them to cool enough so that I could finally grab one and devour it. I can also remember having my tongue burned on more than one occasion. Guess I didn’t always wait long enough.
I wanted to recreate these cookies with a cleaner ingredients list since I like to keep a healthier homemade sweet treat in the fridge most of the time. I have a sweet tooth and having just a bite (or two or three) of something sweet and chocolatey is one of my favorite daily rituals. I think I nailed it – these cookies satisfy my chocolate/peanut butter cravings and they’re beyond easy to make. And my version is also vegan, dairy free and gluten free.
Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp almond, cashew or other nut milk
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- Place the coconut oil, cacao powder and 1/2 cup non-dairy milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until melted and smooth (this should only take a few minutes).
- Turn the heat down to low and add the oats, 2 Tbsp non-dairy milk, peanut putter and vanilla extract, stirring well. Turn the heat off after about a minute.
- Add the maple syrup and cacao nibs and mix well.
- Roll the cookies into about 1-inch sized balls and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Press down on the tops to make them look more like cookies and less like balls (unless you prefer ball-shaped cookies, in which case you can leave them this way). Place them in the freezer for about 20 minutes or until they have set up.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer for up to three months.
I love to see your beautiful creations! If you make these Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies or any of my other recipes, be sure to tag me on Instagram or Facebook so I can see how it turned out and share it on my page! ♥︎