Tahini is my secret ingredient for this simple and creamy but dairy-free caesar salad dressing. With just a bit of fresh lemon and garlic powder, this easy to make dressing tastes just like caesar dressing, but it’s much lighter and full of healthy fats from tahini.
I’m a huge fan of making your own homemade salad dressing because it’s healthier, and because homemade salad dressings, like this easy caesar tahini dressing, just taste so much better.
It’s so easy to whip up a homemade dressing. You can mix up a batch in bulk (just double, triple or even quadruple this recipe), or just whisk together a few key ingredients to have a healthy and delicious salad dressing in a matter of minutes.
This easy tahini caesar dressing is perfect for all your summer salads, but I love it most on a very simple salad so the dressing can be the star. Here I’ve tossed together baby greens, red onion, cherry tomatoes and cooked quinoa, but this dressing truly goes well with everything.
What is Tahini?
Tahini is a seed butter that’s made from ground sesame seeds. All seeds are superfoods because they’re loaded with omega 3 fatty acids, fiber and plant based protein, as well as vitamins and minerals galore. There is also some thought that seeds may help women with hormonal balance.
Of course, healthy fats like the ones found in seeds, nuts, olives, avocados, etc help us to stay fuller for longer and benefit our bodies in so many ways like glowing skin, better energy and weight management, so don’t be afraid of fats. The most important thing is to choose the healthy ones, and enjoy them in moderation.
How to Use Tahini As a Salad Dressing Or a Dip
I love to use tahini in salad dressings because it gives them a creamy and rich flavor and texture. Whisk it with a little acid like lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, plus a small amount of warm water if needed to thin it out (but not too much or you’ll end up with a runny dressing) and any flavor enhancers like spices or seasonings, and you’ve got a salad dressing or dip that’s just as nutritious as it is delicious.
More Salads You’ll Love:
- Cucumber Red Onion Salad With Mint
- Practically Homemade Easy Caesar Salad
- Truffle Roasted Potato Salad
If you make this tahini caesar dressing, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below letting me know how it turns out. Your feedback is so helpful for me and for other readers!
Easy Tahini Caesar Dressing (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Keto)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Juice of 1/2 medium lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Warm water to thin dressing, if needed
- In a small container or bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, garlic powder and sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- If you would like the dressing to be thinner, you can add warm water to the mixture, just 1 teaspoon at a time and whisking again each time you add the water. Once you've found the texture and consistency of the dressing that you like, adjust the seasoning again if needed, and use right away or store in a container with a lid in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.