I like to think of myself as the queen of healthy but simple and easy plant-based weeknight meals. I’ve shared with you all before that I do not believe weeknight dinners should be time consuming or complicated at all. But I do believe they can still be delicious and wonderfully flavorful. This Vegan Thai Green Curry recipe fits the bill perfectly. It takes less than 20 minutes to make from start to finish and curry is a dish that explodes with flavor, in my opinion. It’s easy peasy but you get a lot of bang for your buck in the flavor department.
I used veggies I had on hand for this Vegan Thai Green Curry recipe, but feel free to change it up as you’d like. Don’t be afraid to get creative in the kitchen and make substitutions to recipes if your family prefers certain veggies over others. For instance, cauliflower, zucchini, green beans or snap peas would all work wonderfully in this dish. You’ll build your cooking repertoire and become more confident in the kitchen by playing with substitutions, so it’s important to practice this skill 🙂
FYI: I love using my Instant Pot to make rice and quinoa. It’s so much faster than cooking them on the stovetop. My rice cooked in 10 minutes in my Instant Pot while I was making this curry and I didn’t have to tend to it at all.
I love to see your beautiful creations when you make my recipes! If you make this Vegan Thai Green Curry Recipe or any of my other recipes, be sure to tag me on Instagram or Facebook so I can see how it turned out and share it on my page!
Vegan Thai Green Curry Recipe
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper (any color), diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 4 oz jar green curry paste
- 1 16 oz package frozen broccoli cuts
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Cooked rice or quinoa for serving
- Add the coconut oil to a large pan or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the diced onion and bell pepper and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and curry paste to the pan and stir well. Bring to a boil.
- Add the frozen broccoli, green peas and water to the pan, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Add the sugar, sea salt and dried basil and turn off the heat. Allow to sit for a few minutes so the flavors can blend.
- Serve your vegan thai green curry over cooked rice or quinoa.