This isn’t just a carrot cake baked oatmeal recipe. It’s a Healthy & Heavenly Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal recipe with an almost sinful Coconut Butter Frosting.
But it’s not sinful at all, and it’s delicious.
Just think, a piece of healthy carrot cake made with oats so it’s hearty but still light and moist in texture thanks to applesauce, perfectly spiced with cinnamon, lightly sweetened with maple syrup and topped with creamy melted coconut butter. Trust me on this one!
An Oatmeal Versatile and Great to Make Ahead
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again — baked oatmeal is the perfect versatile, make-ahead breakfast food. It takes 5 minutes to mix all the ingredients up in a bowl and toss them into a baking dish, which goes into the oven for about 30 minutes, and then you’re finished.
You can eat it warm out of the oven, you can eat it cold out of the fridge (which I do some mornings if I’ve just worked out and a colder breakfast is in order) or you can rewarm it the next day if you’ve made it ahead of time.
You can also top it with anything you’d like — coconut butter like in this recipe, almond butter, peanut butter, honey, a sprinkle of brown sugar, sliced bananas, sliced berries, etc. There are a million different ways to make it, and a million different ways to eat it as far as toppings go.
A Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal Loaded with Nutrition
But my favorite quality of this baked oatmeal recipe lies in the nutritional value it contains. It’s loaded with fiber which has many health benefits, like:
- keeping you full all through the morning and into the lunch hour
- keeping your blood sugar stable which keeps cravings away and gives you tons of energy
- helping along the digestive process and keeping you more regular.
If you make this Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal With Coconut Butter Frosting recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and a comment below letting me know what you think! Your feedback is so helpful for me and other visitors to my blog.
Looking for more delicious & healthy baked oatmeal recipes? Try these:
- Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal
- Cherry Berry Baked Oatmeal
- Salted Caramel Baked Oatmeal
- My Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal recipe can be found in my 3-Day Meal Plan — download it here
Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal With Coconut Butter Frosting (Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 6 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk or other favorite nut milk
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- For topping: coconut butter, raw honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish with olive oil or coconut oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oats, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder and sea salt. Mix everything well to combine.
- Add in the melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, applesauce, maple syrup, almond milk and egg. Mix all the ingredients well to combine.
- Fold the shredded carrot into the mixture. You could also add raisins, chopped dates or any chopped nuts you'd like to at this point.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake the oatmeal for 30 minutes. Remove it from the oven. This baked oatmeal can be eaten warm, cold or reheated.
- To serve: melt 1 Tbsp coconut butter in the oven or in a microwave -- watch it carefully so it doesn't burn. Spread the coconut butter over the top of a piece of the baked oatmeal. Drizzle 1 tsp of honey on top. Enjoy!