This delicious and healthy turkey pesto meatballs recipe is made with just five ingredients and are a hit with my family every single time I make them. Now that’s #winning. Scroll down for the full recipe!
A delicious and healthy weeknight family meal is about to get a whole lot easier and simpler for you with these healthy turkey pesto meatballs. They’re also dairy free, gluten free and paleo.
My family LOVES it when I make these. We usually eat them with a side of roasted sweet potatoes or pasta and a veggie. Brandon has suggested we save a few to put on a homemade pizza which we normally make on the weekends, but the problem is when I make these meatballs, there are never any left!
But that’s a good problem to have, right?
And it takes less than 30 minutes to have this turkey pesto meatballs recipe finished and ready to eat. Again, #winning at the healthy and family friendly dinner game.
My secret to making this simple turkey pesto meatballs recipe taste completely gourmet? Store bought pesto. Sure, if you love making your own pesto, you can use it. But if you like shortcuts for healthy family meals (like me!), then using a clean store bought pesto is a game changer. I love the vegan kale cashew basil pesto from Trader Joe’s, which is dairy free. It’s basically on my grocery list every time I shop at Trader Joe’s.
If you make this turkey pesto meatballs recipe, please leave a star rating and a review below. Any time you leave feedback after making one of my recipes, it helps out other EFW readers and myself so much, and I will be forever grateful to you! ❤️
Turkey Pesto Meatballs Recipe (Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo)
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup store bought dairy free pesto (I use Trader Joe's vegan kale cashew basil pesto)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 cups marinara sauce (I use Rao's Homemade Marinara)
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients besides the marinara sauce. Use your hands to make sure all ingredients are well combined.
- Roll the meatballs into uniform sized balls, about an inch and a half in diameter. Place the meatballs on a plate or baking sheet.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat, and spray the skillet with cooking spray.
- When the skillet is heated, place the meatballs into the skillet and allow them to cook for about 5 or 6 minutes, depending on the size of your meatballs. Turn the meatballs onto another side and allow them to cook for another 5 or 6 minutes. Turn the meatballs a third time onto another side and allow them to cook for another 5 or 6 minutes. Then, turn the heat down to low and add the marinara sauce to the skillet with the meatballs. Let them meatballs simmer over low or medium low for about 5 minutes.
- Check one of the meatballs to ensure they are cooked all the way through, and serve immediately.
- This turkey pesto meatballs recipe will keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for about 3 days and make great leftovers.