Here’s what you need to know about making homemade cashew milk: once you start using it, you’ll never go back to store bought nut milks. Like, ever again. If you do, you’ll immediately notice the difference. Lucky for us all, it’s super easy to make. And you only need two ingredients to make it: raw cashews and water.
My favorite thing about cashew milk, other than the way it tastes, is that it doesn’t have to be strained like most other homemade nut and seed milks do. Just soak the cashews for a few hours or overnight, and blend them with water. Boom.
Any nut or seed milk can be used in place of regular milk. Use the exact same measurement of cashew or other nut/seed milk that you would use with regular milk.
I use homemade cashew milk every morning in my coffee, and it’s absolutely delicious and perfectly creamy. I also use it when baking and in my lattes, like my Dairy Free Turmeric Latte and my Dairy Free Chai Latte.
Simple Homemade Cashew Milk
- High speed blender, like a Vitamix
- 1 cup raw cashews (can use cashew pieces)
- Place the cashews in a medium bowl and cover them completely with water. Allow the cashews to soak for a few hours, or up to overnight.
- Drain the soaking water from the cashews.
- If making a larger batch of cashew milk, place the entire cup of soaked cashews into a blender. If making just half the batch of cashew milk and freezing the other half of soaked cashews for a future batch of cashew milk, then place half the soaked cashews into a blender, place the other half into a freezer safe container and place in the freezer to use later (this way you've already got some cashews soaked and ready to go!).
- Add water to the blender. If using the whole cup of soaked cashews, add 3 cups of water to the blender. If only using half, add 1 1/2 cups of water to the blender.
- Blend on high (work your way up to high on your blender's settings) until the cashew milk is smooth and creamy, which should take just a couple of minutes.
- Store cashew milk in a mason jar with a lid in the refrigerator, and use within 5 or 6 days.