September 13, 2018 | Photo Credit: Christina Lecuyer
Mindset, vision, purpose and thoughts…do these things affect our well being and our ability to live as the best versions of ourselves in every single way?
I was recently able to sit down and chat with professional golfer, mastermind leader and mindset coach Christina Lecuyer. Christina works with men, women and adolescents one-on-one, in online programs, in mastermind groups and even on the golf course. All of her programs and coaching address this very topic, and she believes that yes, our mindset and thoughts absolutely affect both our well being and our overall fulfillment in our lives.
Read on for my interview with Christina to find out how to gain clarity on your vision and purpose for your life, to learn how holding back from all you’re capable of affects your well being and to get Christina’s tips on how to gain more clarity around what you want more of in your life…
I HEAR FROM A LOT OF WOMEN WHO SAY THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEIR VISION OR THEIR PURPOSE IS FOR THEIR LIVES. WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO THESE WOMEN?
First, you probably have some knowledge of what that is! I’d suggest you figure out what you enjoy, what you could talk about all day, what makes you physically shift into a positive stature. Then, figure out what comes super easily to you. Where the passion and the easy meet is likely very close to what your purpose is.
HOW DO YOU THINK THAT HONORING YOUR VOICE AND WHAT YOU FEEL CALLED TO SHARE WITH THE WORLD TIES INTO YOUR STATE OF WELL BEING?
I know that I know that I know what I do makes me happy. I do it for free and to be paid. It brings me so much joy to see people have ah-ha moments. Now that I do this I would not be happy without it in my life. And happiness is part of my well being, without a doubt.
WHEN A PERSON IS HOLDING HERSELF BACK FROM BEING THE BRIGHTEST VERSION OF HERSELF, WITH A NEGATIVE MINDSET, NOT SHOWING UP AUTHENTICALLY IN THE WORLD OR IN ANY OTHER WAY, HOW DO YOU BELIEVE THAT NEGATIVELY AFFECTS HER WELL BEING?
Living an UNauthentic life isn’t what we are put on this planet for. No matter what it is that brings you happiness, not doing that is unfair to yourself and to the universe in general. Kindness and passion need to be shared and if it’s not, then you’re depriving not only the world but your own well being.
WHAT ARE YOUR TOP TIPS FOR A PERSON WHO WOULD LIKE TO GAIN MORE CLARITY RIGHT NOW ON WHAT IT IS THAT SHE WANTS FOR HER LIFE, HER HEALTH, HER CAREER, HER FAMILY OR ANY OTHER AREAS OF HER LIFE?
Here are my best tips for this:
- Goal setting. Get clear on what you want and the time frames, as well as how you’ll accomplish the goals.
- Say what you want out loud. Write it down, put it in a voice note. Add post it notes around your house so you can see it everywhere.
- Be as specific as possible.
- Speak as if you already have the things you want. For example, say “I love that I have the job of my dreams, I’m being paid a fantastic income and I’m impacting others.” Speak life into it!
- Take action! Don’t just wish it, actually do it. Take one action, anything at all, that gets you closer to where you want to be.
HOW IMPORTANT DO YOU BELIEVE OUR SELF TALK IS TO WHETHER WE REACH OUR GOALS AND SUCCEED?
What you speak and think is what you become! This is actually scientific. Watch the impossible rice experiment to learn more about it.
YOU’VE SHARED THAT YOU BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF A MORNING ROUTINE. WHAT DOES YOUR OWN MORNING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
95% of the time, this is my routine:
- Go to bed between 8:30-10:00pm
- Wake between 4:30-5:30am
- Think about what I’m grateful for BEFORE my feet hit the floor
- Read two daily Q&A books (one personally and one as a couple)
- Read two daily devotionals
- Listen to my goals on my voice memos
- Set my main goals for the day
- Listen to or read something that will inspire or educate me
IF A PERSON TRULY WANTS TO START MAKING BETTER, HEALTHIER OR MORE MINDFUL DAILY CHOICES, HOW WOULD YOU RECOMMEND THEY GET STARTED?
Do something! What little choice can you make each day to get you closer to your highest and best version of yourself? I 1000% believe if you change your mind, you’ll change your life.
WHAT’S THE MOTTO YOU’RE LIVING BY RIGHT NOW?
Just be! And live a life you love.
If you’re interested in Christina’s Commanding Your Worth online course, use code justbe2018 for a special discount!