Making a healthy meal for yourself or your family doesn’t always have to mean making everything from scratch. This Practically Homemade Easy Caesar Salad recipe is semi-homemade, utilizing a store bought caesar dressing to save you a little bit of time.
On the nights that I just don’t have too much time to think about dinner, this easy Caesar salad recipe is one of my go-to’s. It’s only five ingredients and I try to always keep these ingredients on hand for when I may need them. This salad is great as a side dish, but a lot of times I’ll just add some lean protein on top like grilled chicken or tempeh and make it a full meal.
The salad dressing is store bought, but I consider this semi-homemade caesar salad a huge WIN because my family loves it, and it’s loaded with nutrition from the romaine and kale.
You can use whatever your favorite Caesar salad dressing is. I like the one from Primal Kitchen because it’s made with healthy avocado oil and it tastes delicious.
If you make this practically homemade easy caesar salad, be sure to leave a comment letting me know what you think. I love hearing your feedback!
Practically Homemade Easy Caesar Salad Recipe
- 2 pieces gluten-free bread
- 1 head romaine lettuce, end removed, washed and chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups baby kale
- 3 Tbsp cleaner store bought Caesar salad dressing (I used Primal Kitchen Caesar)
- 2 Tbsp shaved parmigiano reggiano
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Get started on the croutons first: cut the bread into small squares, about 1/2-inch each. Toast on high until a bit crunchy. Note: this took about 8 minutes in my toaster oven but yours may take more or less time.
- While the croutons are toasting, mix the romaine lettuce and baby kale in a large salad bowl. Add salad dressing and toss well with the lettuces.
- Split the salad between two serving plates, or two food storage containers. Sprinkle half the parmigiano reggiano over each of the salads.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper, if desired.
- When the croutons are toasted, add them to the salad and toss everything well once more. Will keep covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.