Let’s be real for a sec: making a healthy meal for yourself or your family doesn’t necessarily mean making everything from scratch. Fellow mamas, we don’t have time for that kind of self-judgment and negativity in our lives! Enter this Practically Homemade Easy Caesar Salad Recipe.
On the nights that I just don’t have too much time to think about dinner, this Caesar salad is one of my go-to’s. It’s only five ingredients and I try to always keep these ingredients on hand for when I may need them. This salad is great on it’s own as a main dish (just serve larger portions), or as a side dish to grilled fish (serve smaller portions).
The salad dressing is store bought, but I consider this semi-homemade caesar salad a huge WIN because my family loves it, and it’s loaded with nutrition from the romaine and kale.
You can use whatever your favorite Caesar salad dressing is. I like the one from Primal Kitchen because it’s made with healthy avocado oil and it tastes delicious.
Practically Homemade Easy Caesar Salad Recipe
- 1 Food For Life Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted english muffin
- 1 heart of romaine, end removed, washed, drained and chopped
- 2 big handfuls baby kale, washed and drained
- 3/4 c shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c Primal Kitchen Caesar salad dressing
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Get started on the croutons first: cut the english muffin into small squares, about 1/2-inch each. Toast on high until a bit crunchy. Note: this took about 10 minutes in my toaster oven but yours may take more or less time.
- While the croutons are toasting, mix the romaine lettuce and baby kale in a large salad bowl. Add the parmesan cheese and salad dressing and toss all ingredients well.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper, if desired.
- When the croutons are toasted, add them to the salad and toss everything well once more. Do not add the croutons to the salad until you're ready to serve in to keep the croutons from getting soggy.
I love to see your beautiful creations! If you make this Easy Caesar Salad recipe or any of my other recipes, be sure to tag me on Instagram or Facebook so I can see how it turned out and share it on my page!