To me, eggs and veggies were made for each other. Just like in this Broccoli Cheese Frittata recipe.
I’ve always been more of an eggs for lunch or dinner kind of gal. When you pair eggs and beautiful veggies, not only do you get a delicious meal, but you get a balanced, healthy and filling meal.
Nutrient Dense Ingredients
Of course eggs are loaded with protein and fat. Veggies like broccoli are full of fiber, vitamins, minerals and other gorgeous nutrients. I also added green peas to this recipe for an additional fiber boost, and I think they add to the deliciousness of this frittata.
Don’t forget about frozen veggies. Not only are they super convenient and last longer than veggies in the fridge do, but they’re just as nutritious as fresh veggies. Very little nutrients are lost when the veggies are frozen. I like to keep a variety of frozen veggies on-hand because they’re so convenient.
Broccoli Cheese Frittata: Minimal Ingredients, Quick & Easy
This recipe is one of my favorite quick and healthy weeknight dinner recipes. Besides for the eggs, frozen broccoli and frozen green peas, the only other ingredients this recipe calls for is a few really key spices and seasonings and just a tiny hit of shredded cheese to round out the flavor. If you’d like to leave the cheese out or sub in a vegan cheese, you could make this frittata completely dairy-free. I’m not intolerant to dairy, so I use it sparingly throughout the week. I really like the little bit of cheese (I always buy organic) in this frittata.
Serve this frittata with a side of roasted potatoes or a slice of gluten-free or whole grain bread.
If you make this Broccoli Cheese Frittata recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and a comment below letting me know what you think! Your feedback is so helpful for me and other visitors to my blog.
Looking for more quick and healthy weeknight dinners? Try these:
- Healthy Chicken Enchilada Bake
- Mediterranean Veggie Pasta
- Better Than Takeout Homemade Fried Rice
- Spicy Vegan Chorizo Skillet
Broccoli Cheese Frittata Recipe (Gluten-Free, Vegetarian)
- 1 lb bag frozen broccoli florets
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel seasoning (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese (I used a Mexican style blend)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large baking dish (I use a 9x12 glass dish) with cooking spray. Spread the frozen broccoli out evenly around the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and Everything But the Bagel seasoning (if using). Pour the mixture evenly over the broccoli.
- Sprinkle the frozen green peas evenly around the frittata mixture.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the frittata mixture.
- Place the frittata into the oven and bake for about 40 minutes. Check to make sure the frittata is set up in the middle. If it's not, put it back into the oven for another 5 minutes or so, checking it again after to see if it's finished cooking. Do not overcook the frittata. You want it to be set up in the middle, slightly pulling away from the edges but not overly browning. Remove the frittata from the oven, cut and serve.