I’m into any dish that I can make in one pot. Less clean up for the win! This Smoky Sweet Potato & Lentil One-Pot Meal isn’t just an easy one pot meal, it’s also insanely delicious. And I might add that it’s one of those meals that gets better the second and third days, after all the ingredients have married. So if you don’t like leftovers, this dish might just change the game for you.
Be sure to get smoked paprika instead of just regular. That’s where the smoky flavor comes from, and you’ll be obsessed with it if you’ve never tried it before.
Just like all my recipes, this one is family approved! My 10 year old and 12 year old both love it 🙂
Smoky Sweet Potato & Lentil One-Pot Meal (Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, bulbs removed and chopped
- 1 large zucchini, quartered and chopped
- 1 14-oz can light coconut milk
- 1 28-oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed and chopped into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 cup water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- Chopped fresh cilantro or more green onions for topping (optional)
- Sauté the garlic, yellow onion, pepper, green onions and zucchini in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. You can use a bit of oil or water to keep the veggies from sticking. Sauté for about 6 or 7 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the coconut milk, diced tomatoes, chopped sweet potato, lentils, water, lime juice, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes and sea salt to the pot and increase the heat to medium high. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium low. Allow the ingredients to simmer for 30 minutes or until the lentils and sweet potatoes are done. Add more water to the pot if needed.
- Turn off the heat and let the Smoky Sweet Potatoes & Lentils sit for about 10 minutes before serving. Can top with chopped cilantro or more green onions to serve.
If you make my Smoky Sweet Potato & Lentil One-Pot Meal or any of my other recipes, be sure to tag me on Instagram or Facebook so I can see how it turned out and share it on my page! Love, Elizabeth x