Snack smarter with these superfood energy bites! They’re loaded with ingredients that will help keep your blood sugar balanced, and keep you satiated and full. They’re made with the perfect hint of chocolate and just a touch of maple syrup for sweetness.
It’s been a while since I posted a healthy energy bite recipe, but I made these superfood energy bites the other day and I had to share them.
I swear by a 3:30 to 4:00 pm snack most days to help keep my blood sugars stable and ward off any afternoon sugar cravings. If I have some of these beauties in my fridge, then that’s what I’ll reach for.
What makes these little energy bites so great? They’re full of good fats from flaxseed and almond butter, and fiber from the rolled oats. The combination of good fats and fiber are a surefire way to keep blood sugar levels balanced which also helps to keep you satiated.
I like to make a batch of energy bites on the weekend when I’m doing other meal prep, like making a batch of baked oatmeal. While the oatmeal bakes in the oven, I’ll spend that time making energy bites and also washing and prepping veggies for the week ahead.
These bites are super easy and are made with only seven ingredients. They’re also gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
If you make these superfood energy bites, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below letting me know what you think. I love hearing your feedback!
Superfood Energy Bites (GF, DF, Vegan)
- Food processor
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut, to roll bites in (optional)
- Place all the ingredients except shredded coconut in a food processor and pulse until it begins to combine.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons warm water to the mixture, just a little bit at a time (about 1/2 Tbsp at a time). Process the mixture each time you add water. Whenever it begins to come together in a slightly sticky mixture, you'll know it's ready.
- Roll the mixture into 10 uniform-sized bites. If using the coconut, place the coconut in a small bowl and roll each bite in the coconut.
- These will keep for about a week in a covered container in the refrigerator, or longer in the freezer.