These Sweet and Spicy Roasted Pecans are a huge hit around our house!
Everyone loves a good sweet-spicy flavor combination, right? And toasting the pecans with maple and cayenne deepens the flavor of the pecans. Plus, the maple syrup caramelizes a bit when toasting, making these toasted pecans your new favorite snack.
These nuts are delicious as a snack as is, but they’re also great on a charcuterie board or a cheese board. Or, try stuffing one into a pitted medjool date – YUM!
Be sure to use raw pecan halves when making these, rather than pre-roasted. You can also substitute out another nut if you’d like. I think walnuts, almonds or cashews would all be delicious as well when toasted this way.
Although I love the combo of the spicy and sweet in these roasted pecans, you could also play with different spices just to mix things up for your family. For instance, you might try cinnamon in place of the cayenne, or even smoked paprika for a different kind of flavor kick. I always like to have healthier snacks on hand for my family, like nuts, fruit, popcorn and fruit leathers. When I keep healthier options in front of them, they’re much more likely to make healthier choices.
Sweet & Spicy Toasted Pecans (Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups raw, unsalted pecan halves (or other raw & unsalted nuts)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the coconut oil in the preheating oven.
- Place the pecan halves in a bowl and pour the melted coconut oil over them. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl, and stir well to coat the pecans with all the ingredients.
- Spread the pecans out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and place into the oven for about 7 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and stir the pecans well. Place them back into the oven for about 7 more minutes, then remove from the oven. Allow them to cool completely before serving.
- Store cooled nuts in a covered container for up to one week.