So many of the flavor combinations in the culinary world seem like they were made for each other: peanut butter and jelly; dark chocolate and sea salt; tomato and basil; lime and ginger; and roasted potatoes and truffle oil. It’s true! Roasted potatoes and truffle pair perfectly together and if you don’t believe me, then you must try this Truffle Roasted Potato Salad recipe for yourself!
The celery, onion and parsley brighten up this salad and compliment the truffle roasted potato flavor, and they also give this recipe so much nutritional value. Raw onions are high in inulin, a prebiotic fiber that’s incredibly beneficial for the health of your good gut bacteria.
This salad is also very light on the mayonnaise. I prefer to use vegan mayo not because I’m a hardcore vegan (it’s great if you are!), but just because I prefer the lighter flavor and texture of a vegan mayo. My favorites are the vegan mayo from Chosen Foods and the classic fabanaise from Sir Kensington’s. They’re both made from chickpeas and should be easy to find in your local health food store. Truffle infused olive oil will be with all the other olive oils in the health food or gourmet store. It is a bit pricey but it takes very little to add a strong truffle flavor.
Believe it or not, with all the fiber from the veggies and potatoes and the good fats from the olive oil, this is actually a very health-conscious side dish. It’s perfect to bring along to your next barbecue or tailgate party for a healthier side!
Truffle Roasted Potato Salad Recipe
- 1.5 lbs small potatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
- 1 tbsp truffle olive oil, plus 1-2 tsp more to taste
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/3 cup shallot or red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Pinch of sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, toss the potato halves or quarters with 1 tbsp truffle olive oil and a pinch of sea salt, taking care to coat each potato piece in the oil. Spread the potatoes on a large baking sheet covered with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Bake the potatoes for 10 minutes, toss them with a wooden spoon and then bake them for about 10 minutes more or until fork tender. Remove the potatoes from the oven and carefully transfer them back to a large bowl.
- Add the celery, shallot or red onion and green onion to the bowl with the potatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vegan mayo, dijon mustard, pinch of sea salt and black pepper to taste. Add the mayo mixture to the bowl of potatoes and veggies and mix everything well, taking care to coat everything with the mayo and dijon mustard and seasonings. (This is easier to do while the potatoes are still warm.) Taste the mixture and adjust the seasonings. If desired, add an additional teaspoon of truffle oil to the mixture and toss well once more (adding more truffle oil will make for a stronger truffle flavor, so add carefully!)
- Top the mixture with the chopped parsley and serve this roasted potato salad recipe immediately or store in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve it. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
I love to see your beautiful creations when you make my recipes! If you make this Truffle Roasted Potato Salad Recipe or any of my other recipes, be sure to let me know in the comments below, and tag me on Instagram or Facebook so I can see how it turned out!