It’s fall…which means that it’s a time for #allthepumpkin, yes? I recently had the idea to combine my loves for banana bread and all things pumpkin, and I ended up with this delicious Vegan Pumpkin Bread Recipe. I’ve been living off this bread for breakfast, snack, dessert…literally everything. The flavors are so perfect for this time of year. Although this bread is so delicious, I would honestly eat it anytime of year.
In the mornings when I need it to keep me fuller for longer, I’ll smear a little almond butter or peanut butter on top. Also, it’s delicious with a cup of coffee and I highly recommend that you try it. You’re welcome.
The best part about this bread being vegan? You can lick the bowl and not worry about getting sick. I’m all about that bowl-licking life, ya’ll.
Tip: Save those spotty brown bananas, peel them, and put them in a ziploc bag in the freezer. Those are the perfect ones to use for recipes like this.
Vegan Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed with a fork
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or honey but it's not vegan)
- 1/2 cup cashew, almond or other nut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with coconut or avocado oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, mashed banana, pumpkin purée, vanilla extract, honey, and cashew or almond milk. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture in the larger bowl, add the chopped walnuts, and gently mix all ingredients together by hand (the mixture doesn’t need to be completely smooth or free of lumps).
- Add the mixture to the greased loaf pan and bake for about 45-55 minutes, depending on your oven. Bake until it’s set up and no longer “wet” looking in the center, and until the top is just starting to turn golden around the edges.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow to cool before cutting into 8 slices. Bread can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for about 5 days.
I love to see your beautiful creations! If you make this Vegan Pumpkin Bread Recipe or any of my other recipes, be sure to tag me on Instagram or Facebook so I can see how it turned out and share it on my page! ♥︎ Elizabeth