Salted Caramel Baked Oatmeal (GF, DF, Vegetarian)
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 6 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk or other nut milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup plus 2 additional Tbsp for topping
- 4 medjool dates, pits removed and chopped
- 2 Tbsp tahini for topping (I used 365 Everyday Value organic tahini from Whole Foods)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (I used Maldon sea salt flakes)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish with olive oil or coconut oil spray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, ground flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon and shredded coconut (if using). Mix all the ingredients well to combine.
Add in the almond milk, egg, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil and 1 Tbsp of the maple syrup. Mix all the ingredients well to combine.
Fold the chopped dates into the mixture. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Bake the oatmeal for 40 minutes. Remove it from the oven, allow it to cool for about 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini and maple syrup until well combined and the mixture is smooth and creamy. Drizzle the mixture evenly over the top of the prepared oats, and sprinkle with the sea salt.
Cut the baked oatmeal into six servings. Serve immediately or store leftovers in the refrigerator to be used throughout the week. Can be served cold or reheated.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 16g | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 18g