Healthy Salmon Salad Recipe (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
Made with diced shallots, chopped cucumber, dijon mustard, a little bit of mayo and a few key spices, this light but filling healthy salmon salad is my current go-to easy lunch that can be prepped ahead of time.
- 6 oz can boneless, skinless salmon, no salt added
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise (I like Sir Kensington's)
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard (I like Sir Kensington's)
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup finely diced shallot (red or yellow onion will also work)
- 1/4 cup finely diced cucumber
Drain the liquid from the can of salmon, and use a fork to flake it and break it up in a medium bowl.
Add the mayonnaise and dijon mustard to the salmon; mix well to combine.
Add the smoked paprika and the lemon pepper to the salmon mixture; mix well to combine.
Add in the diced shallot and cucumber; mix well to combine.
Serve the salmon salad on toasted bread or with crackers. Can be stored covered in the refrigerator and eaten within three days of making it.