Cucumber Red Onion Salad With Mint (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
This refreshing Cucumber Red Onion Salad With Mint is simple, it's made with only six ingredients, it's healthy and it's delicious. It truly makes the perfect side salad for summer barbecue favorites.
- 5 Persian cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar (I use coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, sliced
Add the cucumbers and onion to a medium bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, sugar, sea salt and black pepper.
Pour the olive oil dressing over the cucumber and onion, and toss everything well to coat. Adjust seasoning, if needed.
Place the salad in the refrigerator to sit for about 15 minutes so the flavors come together.
When ready to serve, add the fresh mint to the salad.