Banana Almond Butter Collagen Smoothie Recipe (Dairy Free, Gluten Free)
Lately I've been breaking my fast with this delicious Banana Almond Butter Collagen Smoothie recipe. The boost of healthy, fiber-filled carbs, good fats and collagen protein makes it the perfect balanced meal for your first meal of the day.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 frozen ripe banana, broken into small pieces
- 2 medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 serving vanilla collagen protein powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
- Big handful of spinach or kale (optional)
- Shake of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ice for blending
Add all ingredients except the ice to a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
Add the ice to the blender and blend again until smooth. Add more ice if you want the smoothie thicker, and less ice to make it into a thinner consistency. Pour into a glass and enjoy.