Healthy 7 Layer Dip (Vegetarian, Gluten-Free)
You'll feel super sneaky when you serve this lightened up version of the classic 7 layer dip because of a few healthier swaps. People won't even have a clue that it's loaded with nutrition because all they'll be thinking about is how YUMMY it is.
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives for topping
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions for topping
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro for topping
In a large serving dish, layer the romaine lettuce on bottom.
In a small bowl and using a fork, smash the avocados with the 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and the juice from 1/2 lime. Layer the smashed avocado over the romaine lettuce in the serving dish.
In a small bowl, mix the Greek yogurt with the 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning. Layer the yogurt over the smashed avocado in the serving dish.
Layer the black beans, then the chopped cherry tomatoes, then the cheese in the serving dish, in that order, on top of the other ingredients.
Top the layered ingredients with the black olives, green onions and cilantro. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.