Pesto BLT Salad (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
There's really not much that can make the flavors of a BLT taste better than they already do. Unless you add roasted sweet potatoes and a drizzle of pesto to the mix, which is exactly what I did for this pesto BLT salad recipe.
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 4 pieces bacon
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatos, quartered
- 1 medium ripe avocado, diced
- 3 tablespoons store bought dairy-free pesto (I use Trader Joe's vegan kale, cashew & basil pesto)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Start by roasting the sweet potato. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place the sweet potato cubes onto the baking sheet. Roast the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes, then shake them around with a wooden spoon so that they roast evenly. Roast for 10 minutes longer and remove from the oven to cool.
In a large bowl, mix the lettuce, onions, tomatoes, avocado, pesto and black pepper. Fold in the sweet potatoes and the bacon, and adjust the seasonings.
Divide the salad evenly among two plates and serve.