This Strawberry Lime Basil Mocktail recipe is perfect for a gorgeous day on the patio. It’s light and spritzy with the perfect balance of sweetness. Serve it at your next weekend get together and listen to your guests rave about it…
Strawberries are always the star of spring and into the summer, and especially in the south. In fact, most southerners know that when local strawberries come into season, it’s the sign of the start of warmer weather. And thankfully, they’re showing up in farmer’s markets and grocery stores around the south now.
You can serve this Strawberry Lime Basil Mocktail as is, or you can add a splash of your favorite booze to turn it into a cocktail. I would add a shot of vodka or a splash of white wine to make this drink into a delicious cocktail.
If you make this Strawberry Lime Basil Mocktail or Cocktail recipe, be sure to leave a star rating and a comment below letting me know what you think! Your feedback is so helpful for me and other visitors to my blog.
Looking for more delicious drink recipes? Try these:
- What Is Matcha and How Do You Drink It
- Dairy Free Turmeric Latte (aka Goldenmilk)
- Vegan Chai Latte
- How to Make Homemade Cashew Milk
STRAWBERRY LIME BASIL MOCKTAIL OR COCKTAIL
Makes 1 drink
- 1/3 cup of sliced ripe strawberries
- 2 large fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Juice of 1/4 a medium lime
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut nectar or honey, or use just a few drops of liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup of ice
- Add a shot of vodka or white wine to make this into a cocktail
Muddle the strawberries, basil, lime and coconut nectar or honey in a lowball glass. Add the ice, and fill the glass the rest of the way with sparkling water. Gently stir; garnish with a lime wedge, if desired.